Ads by google

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beauty In The Mundane

 

Beauty In The Mundane


Everything here is just so wearable with nods to Marni, which is a good thing.
Rosecherrington_1

Rosecherrington_2
Rosecherrington_3
Rosecherrington_4
Rosecherrington_5

I am particularly fond of the housing estate print, as I myself grew up on an housing estate, so to see these areas, which have really quite ugly houses, turned into something which looks aesthetically pleasing brings a smile to my face.

In such estates, because the people who live there are often poor, as my family were, they try really hard to bring beauty to their little part of the estate. With high rates of crime and violence in these areas, it suddenly seems important to make your living space as welcoming as possible. Gardens are lovingly tended to and houses are decorated as well as residents can afford. My parents had a lovely house, in spite of sometimes having no money for food. The Queen Mum was so proud she refused to allow the outside world to judge our poverty, so the house and garden were always lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...